Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Inspiration Board: Living Room

As an artist before I even start sketching I find images that inspire me. I've been doing this for the house on a cool website called Pinterest, you can virtually pin images from websites in one place. Since I started this my mind has changed a few times on what to do in each room so who knows what the finished product will look like. For now I put this board together to show the feel that I want to have in the living room; French provincial mixed with rock n' roll (I can get that to work, I think...). We already have the lamp and chair to the right. We're getting crafty and recycling pieces to use throughout the house, finding pieces for cheap or free. My mom has already started upcycling pieces for us to use (but that's for another post).  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have purchased the wing back chair for you to recover like the one on your board that has words all over it. Got it for $25 today at New Spring Thrift Store.

Leah Anne said...

Laurie, I have 2 wing back chairs stored if they can use them. Tommy and Kay took one of the chairs and had it recovered....it is beautiful! I'm really excited about Blake and Paige's ideas. :)