Sunday, July 3, 2011

Changing Priorities

Oh the difference a few years makes. My priorities have changed from "hey look at the newest phone or gaming console that's out" to shopping around for appliances and estimates for remodel work. Just returned from my Sears trip and was successfully not overwhelmed at all that's out there. I have in my mind a price point and I've done some research. Although Joyce at Sears was very helpful and big ups to Google+ for its instant upload feature, making my photo upload and selection that much easier.





Like I said, I have my bias toward Sears and the Kenmore brand and they currently have some decent deals and pricing. It seems that everyone these days it going to stainless steel appliances and I for one am not the biggest fan; I am partial to black appliances, as was Joyce, if she wasn't just trying to make a sale.  I like the bottom pull out freezer as it adds quite a bit of expansion up top for larger items, once I make a purchase maybe I'll be able to afford food and use all the room. The ice and water in the door situation is a plus but not essential, most I've seen go out in time and we don't need all the bells and whistles. 

Speaking of bells and whistles, washers and dryers have sure come a long way, baby. (Bad Virginia Slim reference.) Do I really need a stain guard, steam, and anti-microbial function? This set was on sale, included a fabric softener distribution (no Downey balls here!) and had a good capacity. (Comes in black.)


Do I really need that steam clean? And look at the price. It makes my meals too, right? (This also comes in a ginger color which I think is terrible and look at that scratch prone, finger print magnet washer lid. Okay, now I'm getting superficial.)


This stove reminds me of my mom's from which she's never had any trouble. I like the flat top cooking surface, has a power boil feature, easy cleanup, two large eyes and a good price. Only downside, flat tops aren't good with cast iron. No iron skillet pan fried chicken!? (Comes in black.)


Still not sure what I'm looking for if we decide on a dish washer. (This one was too expensive.)


I did love the color and look of this grill. 


Just a little looking around and pricing. Any comments or help is welcome. I wish everyone a happy weekend!

No comments: